Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their growing London team!
As a Senior Developer at Autodata, you will lead, design, code, test, debug and analyze software applications for some of the world’s largest automotive companies. Working with our Architects, you will be hands-on through complete solution design from pre-sales, project kickoff, execution and implementation. The successful candidate will be a passionate full-stack Programmer who is comfortable in a leadership role and is happy to guide and mentor junior associates. We are a growing mid-sized company, yet our Developers work together in smalls teams to deliver robust solutions for both project and support work. At Autodata, you will face new challenges while working with some of the latest technologies in one of the largest Development teams in London!
- Drive and contribute to research, design, execution, documentation and modifications of software applications throughout the production life cycle
- Act as the project technical lead for teams both on and offsite. Mentor teams of Programmers as you collectively write software components and applications with thorough code reviews
- Liaise with Architects, Business Analysts, QA Analysts and other senior technical teams involved in the delivery of our solutioning opportunities and engagements
- Guide & assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements
- Analyze production system performance and execute performance tests to correct errors, isolate areas for improvement and general debugging
- Recommend platforms, technical solutions and technology to the company’s largest clients
- Help define and implement Solution Architecture, Estimating, Systems engineering and Software engineering processes
- 8+ years working experience designing and building internet based applications primarily in Java with multiple frameworks (ex. Spring, Angular)
- Experience in a technical leadership role, guiding teams to improve while ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget
- Knowledge of system architecture, transactional systems development, rewriting, refactoring, and re-architecting (and) scaling applications
- 5+ years experience with application servers and web servers (ex. Tomcat, Apache)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database development
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to a business and/or functional audience
- Capability to evaluate, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks to both business and development
- A lifelong passion for technology and continuous learning – you should always be striving to improve your knowledge and abilities as well as those on your team
Why work with us?
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - Toys for Tots, United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.