Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join their London team!
As a part of the DevOps team, you will automate the ongoing workload into repeatable & consistent processes , leveraging appropriate tools, with builds being scripted as much as possible. Join us to keep your hands in a little bit of everything as we support MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra databases for our clients! As a DBA at Autodata, you will own the tools and processes used to deploy the code and build a streamlined & reliable system. You will promote collaboration between Development and Operations while acting as a guide/mentor to ensure we are building stable and efficient database code. Our DBAs support best practice data design principles and act as data guardians within the company.
- Work with Development team to code, test, and implement complex database solutions in a multi-flavour environment.
- Coordinate physical changes to both relational and non-relational databases
- Design logical & physical databases; review changes to database design and understand how those changes will affect the physical database
- Establish physical database parameters, code database objects/queries and specify database identifiers to DBMS or guide others in coding best practices
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, production support procedures are well documented and are leveraging scripting & automation technologies to improve speed of delivery (i.e. GIT, Ansible)
- 7+ years experience with at least two (preferably more) of the following DB technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Past expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Experience with developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc. using various SQL scripting languages
- High availability experience with SQL Server Always-on Availability Groups (AOAG), MySQL replication/Cluster will be a huge plus
- Previous work with Windows/Unix/Linux based Operating Systems and cloud hosting providers (Azure/AWS etc)
- Superior administrative skills including backup & recovery, security & monitoring, etc
- Flexibility to join the on-call rotation (1 week out of every 4), a good attitude, reliable, ability to adapt quickly and effectively manage priorities
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need, volunteering at Ronald McDonald House and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.