Autodata Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Troy, MI office.
Autodata is headquartered in London, Ontario with offices across Canada and the United States. We are a technology company serving the world's largest auto manufacturers and their partners with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. Our environment supports rapid career progression and can provide great opportunities to those with passion and a desire for new challenges. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to add to our team.
The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring and leading the effective application of Autodata’s solutions and technology to business problems and opportunities. You will work closely with our sales team and clients to elicit, analyze, and validate the business and functional requirements, and ensure these are clear to systems architects’ and technical leads in order to design technology solutions. This may be accomplished through consulting interviews and a variety of Use Case models and modeling tools. In this role you must apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills to support the development process and ensure project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather quality user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios and other methods
- Translate conceptual business requirements into functional requirements
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and the project team
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards
- Manage requirements tracking, modifications and improvements
- Organize and lead the requirements review sessions internally and with client
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the internal delivery team
- Client location in Auburn Hills, MI with occasional visits to our head office in London, ON
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is mandatory
- 5+ years related work experience
- Strong technical background with proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and SDLC
- Experience with requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Experience eliciting requirements and proposing solutions
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and able to exercise independent judgment
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, documentation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work within multiple concurrent work streams with teams in different locations
- Working knowledge of a variety of programming languages and previous experience with technical products an asset
We look forward to hearing from you! For more information about Autodata please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicant for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.