Autodata Solutions is adding a Software Development Manager to their London team!
The Software Development Manager is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of a multidisciplinary software development team. This role works closely with Delivery Unit stakeholders to ensure efficient allocation and utilization of Engineering staff. The Software Development Manager also works in close collaboration with the Director of Engineering to define, implement, and monitor best practices across all phases of the Software Development Life cycle.
- Define and implement best practices to support all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate Engineering staff
- Identify, track, and report on organizational key performance indicators for Engineering
- Collaborate with Delivery Unit stakeholders to identify and allocate resources based on business priorities
- Provide day-to-day functional oversight for direct reports in the Engineering organization
- Identify and remove obstacles that prevent Engineering staff from accomplishing project commitments
- Provide continuous performance feedback for direct reports through regular one-on-one meetings
- Conduct formal performance reviews for staff as per the schedule defined by Human Resources
- Manage project assignments, level of engagement, and contract renewals for outsourced resources
- Act as primary escalation point for resourcing or performance issues for direct and indirect reports
- Conduct reviews to ensure established best practices are followed and business needs are met
- Develop organizational training plans to address business needs and facilitate personal career growth of staff
- Stay current with latest technology trends to anticipate future training and development needs
- Actively participate in the recruitment process to grow the engineering organization
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical team leadership experience
- Experience working with a variety of software development languages
- Detailed knowledge of all phases in the Software Development Life cycle
- Proven technical team leadership abilities including on and offshore multidisciplinary teams
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and design principles
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational database design
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - Toys for Tots, United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.