Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator to join their London team!
Working as part of our DevOps team, you will participate in the ongoing development/deployment and support of multiple data centers and hybrid cloud environments. As a Linux application-centric subject matter expert, the position encompasses responsibilities for configuring, automating and testing the technology components of system solutions. This role is a member of a collaborative team of technical experts and developers specializing in the delivery of services to Autodata's customers.
- Installing and maintaining Autodata's custom solution software
- Operational triage, problem identification, handling requests/incidents queue
- Scripting, automating tasks, OS patching, migrations and security
- Monitoring, service management, system optimization
- Support Highly available and resilient system providing proactive Disaster Recovery
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week, every 6 weeks)
- Minimum 7+ years professional experience in a Unix/Linux environment (certifications relevant to Linux, cloud technologies or security considered an asset)
- Solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc)
- Configuration management, Infrastructure as code (Ansible, GIT, Terraform…)
- Experience with auto scale technologies (Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk…)
- Past exposure to containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes…)
- Experience with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS…)
- Ability to install, upgrade and patch operating systems
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Shell…)
- Experience integrating Linux/Windows environments (CIFS, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP…)
- Experience with host security (credentials, file permissions, ACLs, use of security tools…)
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need, volunteering with Ronald McDonald House, and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.