Autodata Solutions is looking for a Business Analyst to join their growing Troy, MI team!
When you work for an Autodata Solutions company, you join a team of dedicated professionals who are always looking for new ways to raise the bar. It takes talent, ambition and forward thinking to meet the challenges of our exciting and rapidly evolving market.
Autodata Solutions is the industry leader of technology, merchandising and sales solutions for the automotive industry. We have set the industry standard by providing the most up-to-date and innovative data, content, and platform capabilities – all the essentials to create and manage engaging digital experiences for consumers and end users. We are committed to transforming the customer journey through a better vehicle consideration, purchase, and ownership experience.
The role of the Business Analyst is to initiate, execute and support the development of new and revised business processes and functional requirements for the effective application of Internet Brands’ solutions and technology. This Business Analyst will work closely with the sales team and clients to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business and functional requirements. The BA will also be responsible for gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of offerings and providing best technical practices and knowledge to support the design and implementation of technology solutions. This may be accomplished through consulting interviews and a variety of Use Case models or modeling tools.
Additionally, Business Analysts will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills to help support the development process and ensure that project deliverable are met according to specifications.
- Collaborate with the Solution Consulting team, Architects and project sponsors to clarify and refine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to understand and assemble quality user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios and other methods.
- With the Creative team and user specialists, lead UI work flow of the project.
- Translate conceptual business requirements into functional requirements using standard templates.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Where necessary, guide the development of prototypes.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Manage requirements tracking, modifications and improvements.
- Remain connected throughout the project life-cycle to ensure the vision is maintained.
- Manage and track the status of requirements, enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Manage and communicate changes, and enhancements verbally or through written documentation, to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all new or changed requirements are signed off by client.
- Organize and lead the requirements review sessions internally and with the client.
- Contribute to the development and/or improvements in SA practices, processes and methodologies.
- Consult in the development of test strategies, scenarios, execution and support during business acceptance testing.
- Work with sales organization and clients to understand client needs, vision, project scope and design solutions.
- Create high level requirements documents appropriate to the sales phase and strategy, as required.
- Assist with responses to client proposal requests (RFIs/ RFPs/SOWs), where needed.
- Work with clients to elicit requirements and propose solutions.
- Communicate and negotiate requirement scope with client, as necessary, with input from internal delivery team.
- Experience as a Business/Solution Analyst in a technology environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and SDLC.
- Experience with requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies and tools.
- Good understanding of PC skills and hands-on experience in creating diagrams and presentations with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of a variety of programming languages including JAVA, .net, HTML, an asset.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and able to exercise independent judgment, take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening, interviewing, oral communication, documentation/writing and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with multidisciplinary teams.
- IIBA certification a plus.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.