Autodata Solutions is looking for a Junior Java Developer to join their London team!
As a Software Developer at Autodata, you will contribute to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. You should be a quick thinker with fresh ideas, take pride in your strong technical skills and come prepared to deliver fast, deliver often, and do it right. Most of all, you need to have a blast doing what you love. This role works closely with the Software Development Team Lead to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. Come join our group of brilliant nerds on our next excellent adventure.
- Design and code software applications from business and technical specifications
- Join in on research & development proof of concepts
- Develop and execute unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure project quality by adhering to established coding standards and test coverage targets
- Investigate and resolve technical issues for assigned projects
- Contribute to the creation of technical and end user product documentation
- Vigilantly maintain current knowledge of latest technology trends
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 1-3 years of software development experience within a Java environment
- Proficiency in SQL-like languages
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Previous experience with web servers such as Apache HTTP Server or NGINX
- Comfortable with version control tools like Git or Perforce
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools: ex. Jenkins or TeamCity
- You keep your cool under pressure and stay focused on the solution
- A thirst to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Uncompromising willingness to learn
Autodata Solutions offers professional services, custom software and data management solutions to some of the world’s largest automotive companies. In the competitive, ever changing automotive industry, our clients look to us to find innovative new ways to get products to market first and entice target consumers to shop. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide custom software solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need, volunteering at Ronald McDonald House and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.