Autodata Solutions is adding an Application Manager to their growing London team!
As our Application Manager, you will manage a portfolio of enterprise wide technical tools to ensure they deliver value and efficiency. You will oversee monitoring, maintenance, support, overall usage and best practices of assigned tools. Working closely with internal users, the Application Manager researches our company's technical business needs and converts those needs into effective solutions through either enhancements to existing applications or evaluation & implementation of new technical tools. The successful candidate will have a customer service mindset, outstanding interview skills and an analytical personality. You are not afraid to ask questions and drill down to uncover the core needs and problems!
- Monitor and analyze current tools and processes to identify inadequacies or problems, provide regular reporting and recommend solutions
- Plan and manage application maintenance releases and monitor environment performance health
- Act as the Tier 3 escalation point responsible for resolution and root cause analysis, troubleshooting, advice or training to end-users and escalation to vendor support network, as required
- Provide use cases and test cases for application regression and functionality testing to be used by maintenance updates and project enhancements
- Conduct interviews and needs analysis with internal users and stakeholders to understand, assemble and prioritize quality user requirements
- Translate conceptual requirements (business and technical) to develop an evaluation template and process models for new and existing technical tools
- Guide the proof of concept phase for new tools or enhancement and assess functionality of the proposed solution
- Define training requirements, content, oversee and participate in training
- Work with vendors for upgrades or feature enhancements and provide feedback on current issues
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role or related field such as Product Management or Systems Architecture
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and SDLC
- Experience planning, organizing, managing and monitoring multiple, cross-functional system development initiatives while simultaneously applying Project Management concepts
- Expert knowledge of major technical applcations (ex. content management systems, video streaming platforms, watermarking applications, JIRA, GIT, Confluence, Office 365, SharePoint, time tracking applications, etc
- Ability to think creatively, see the big picture for the context of the solution and break it down into organized components and actionable tasks
- Understand the technical environment – can ‘speak the language’ of technical and business end users
- Excellent leadership skills to drive initiative forward, present recommendations and resolve issues
- Superior communication skills to translate and document both technical and business needs into concise, clear and functional requirements appropriate to the respective audience
Why work with us?
- Been around for 27 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - Toys for Tots, United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.