Autodata Solutions is looking for a Database Administrator to join their London team!
As a part of the technology team, you will implement, maintain and manage access to development, test and production databases for multiple projects, in several geographical locations. Specific duties include monitoring, back-up/recovery procedures, performance tuning and database change management. The successful candidate will be familiar with 24/7 database operation and comfortable working with distributed teams.
- Install and maintain database infrastructure in coordination with the broader technology team
- Code, test and implement databases in coordination with project teams
- Design logical and physical databases and review description of changes to database design to understand how changes affect database performance and operation
- Act as the subject matter expert for all database questions
- Manage database monitoring and security
- Implement high-availability and backup/recovery procedures
- Document environment and procedures
- 5+ years experience in MySQL, MSSQL Server or PostgreSQL Administration, data dictionary creation, data modeling & updating, database startup & shutdown, setup, backup & recovery, SQL scripting (PL-SQL, Triggers & Stored Procedures), performance tuning, replication, data warehousing and log shipping
- Working knowledge Microsoft Windows Cluster, SQL Server Cluster setup & AlwaysOn
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Ability to be on-call as part of the team rotation, a good attitude, reliable, ability to adapt quickly and effectively manage priorities
- Experience with Mongo and/or Oracle Administration an asset
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's auto industry with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide online applications and customer solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain. We have a broad production and operations footprint with hosting facilities across North America using a wide variety of technologies, stacks and hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 27 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community outreach helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.