Autodata Solutions is looking for a Software Development Team Lead to join their new Calgary office!
As our SDTL, you will be responsible for management of up to eight associates, assisting with establishing department processes & objectives and effective project execution for these associates. This includes leadership and development of your team through performance management and related administrative functions. While reporting to the Dev Manager, you will juggle your leadership responsibilities with day to day project execution.
Team Leadership (10% – 25%)
- Provide immediate and continuous feedback to your team as well as formal performance reviews
- Mentor each team member by establishing a development plan and supporting them to achieve identified career objectives (through training, self-learning, peer coaching, etc)
Software Development (up to 50%)
- Recommend, research, code, schedule and deploy software improvements and upgrades
- Coordinate the efforts of Developers on your team to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Buddy up with Systems Analysts, Architects, Technical Managers and team Developers in conceptualization and development of new software applications
- Assist preparing technical requirements documents and specifications
- Generate, run and monitor automated unit, integration and performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors, isolate areas for improvement, and general debugging: evaluate test results and deliver solutions to problem areas
- Facilitate cross-functional resolution of problems with software products or company software systems
Support and Administration (up to 25%)
- Provide first level sign-off of developer time sheets and vacation approvals
- Participate in recruitment activities with support from HR and your Dev Manager
- Get involved with corporate events! Be available for public speaking or networking events that support recruitment or the company
- 6+ years software development experience (Comp Sci degree or other educational certifications an asset)
- 2+ years working in Java including: Spring, ORMs like Hibernate, Maven, RESTful services
- 2+ years working in C# including: ASP.NET MVC/Web API, WCF, LINQ, .NET frameworkProven technical leadership ability, including experience leading offshore developers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-locational teams
- Effective in workload management and possesses good time management skills; can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- Hands-on experience with relational databases such as: MySQL & Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong desire to coach associates in personal development and ability to set expectations
Who are we?
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.