Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Service Desk Technician to join their Troy, MI team!
As a Service Desk Technician, you will act as a single point of contact for internal end-users to receive support and maintenance with the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. You will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by phone or via email) in a timely and accurate manner and provide user assistance where required.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels
- Answer incoming request including: move, add, and change (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers
- Assess the need and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes including: the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, etc
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards and other computing components and equipment
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation and removal
- Collaborate with technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment
- Conduct research, evaluate and recommend products for purchase in support of PC procurement and development efforts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar environment
- Very strong customer service orientation working in retail or technical customer service roles
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, including Dell, Mac and generic personal computers
- High understanding of of PC internal components including video, power, etc
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides
- Self-initiative to research in PC issues and products as required
- Hands on hardware/PC troubleshooting experience
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.