Autodata Solutions is adding a Service Desk Technician to their growing London team!
This role is a hybrid position with 50% of your time spent liaising with Autodata vendors and internal technical teams to procure IT equipment, software and/or services. You will be responsible for several key vendor relationships, including suppliers of hardware, software, and professional services, driving vendors to deliver maximum value and competitive pricing to Autodata. The other 50% will have you acting as a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s end user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end user hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. This position will support internal teams across all Autodata North American locations.
- Perform end user system analysis, problem diagnosis, and execute corrective actions to resolve end-user computer problems in order to maintain required service levels
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, and e-mails regarding end-user problems and IT requests
- Perform installations, moves, adds, and changes as requested
- Procure hardware, software, and technical services for multiple Autodata business units
- Review planned orders, create requisitions for purchased items, and manage purchase orders through the approval process
- Work with and manage vendors to deliver optimum service, efficiency, and competitive pricing
- Maintain fixed asset inventory, software license management, and required vendor compliance reporting
- Contract management (tracking expiry dates, renewals, and adherence to terms and conditions)
- Ideally this position is suited to an individual that enjoys providing end user support coupled with an IT purchasing/financial focus and is working towards a Technology or Finance college diploma with related industry accreditations.
- 2+ years of end user technology troubleshooting experience with a working technical knowledge of Microsoft O365 and end user operating systems including Microsoft Windows 7/8.x/10 and Apple OSX and Linux.
- Strong customer-service orientation with assertive and outgoing personality with an ability to build rapport with end users and technology vendors
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of end user technology products and services
- Advanced spreadsheet and reporting expertise using MS-Excel (pivot tables) and PowerPoint for presentation and reporting purposes
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 25 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community outreach helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.