Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior DBA to join their London team!
As a part of a technical team, the Senior DBA maintains and controls access to testing and production of data set across multiple platforms. Designs, implements, operates and maintains databases including monitoring, back-up and recovery procedures, performance tuning and implementing database change management.
- Coordinate physical changes to relational databases
- Code, test, and implement physical databases
- Design logical and physical databases and review description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method)
- Establish physical database parameters, code database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Test and correct errors, and refines changes to database
- Interact with developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, and that production support procedures are well documented
- 7-10 years’ experience in at least two or multiple database technologies: MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing
- Experience with Data modeling tools
- Experience with developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc… using various SQL scripting languages
- High availability experience with SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (AOAG), MySQL replication, Oracle
- Expertise with Windows/Linux Operating Systems and cloud hosting providers (Azure/AWS etc…)
- Automation and configuration management tools
- Knowledge of development process, tools and technologies
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 26 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community philanthropy helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.