Autodata Solutions is looking for a Java Team Lead to join their growing Development team in London!
Tired of all the responsibility without the title? Come join a team that will recognize your effort! As a Team Lead at Autodata, you must have a passion to guide and develop your team of up to 8 associates. You will assist with establishing departmental processes & objectives and effective project execution for your team. This role includes leadership & development of software development staff, performance management and related administrative functions.
Team Leadership (10% - 25%)
- Provide immediate and continuous job performance feedback as well as formal performance reviews to assist your team achieve job requirements, career development goals and departmental objectives
- Mentor each team member; establish career development plans and achievable goals for your reports and support their ongoing growth
Support & Administration (up to 25%)
- Provide first level sign-off for developer time sheets
- In conjunction with the Development Manager and HR, assist in the recruitment process through interviews with internal and external candidates
Software Development (up to 50%)
- Recommend, research, code, schedule and deploy software improvements and upgrades in a Java centric environment
- Coordinate the efforts of the Developers on your team to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Assist Solution Analysts, Architects, Tech Managers, Developers, etc in conceptualization and development of new software applications
- Generate, run and monitor automated unit, integration and performance tests on new and existing programs to correct for errors, isolates areas for improvements and general debugging; evaluate these test results and submit solutions to problem areas
- 5+ years experience in software design and development building internet-based applications with multiple languages (ex. Java, C#) and frameworks (ex. Spring, Angular, REST)
- 5+ years experience with application, web and automation servers (ex. Apache Tomcat, Jenkins)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a technical project role with a proven ability to effectively delegate work to your resources and deliver assigned software components on time and within budget
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database development and experience with multiple relational DBMS’s (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) and non-relational DBMS’s such as MongoDB
- Strong desire to coach associates in personal development and ability to set clear expectations
- Some previous technical leadership experience with both on and offshore Developers
- Ability to quickly establish partnerships with functional group leaders and other departments
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 26 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community philanthropy helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.