Autodata Solutions is looking for a Java Team Lead to join their growing Development team in London!
As a Development Team Lead at Autodata, you must have a passion to guide and develop your team of up to 8 associates. You will assist with establishing departmental processes & objectives and effective project execution for your team. This role includes leadership & development of software development staff, performance management and related administrative functions.
Software Development (up to 50%)
- Recommend, research, code, schedule and deploy software improvements and upgrades in a Java centric environment
- Coordinate the efforts of the Developers on your team to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Assist Solution Analysts, Architects, Tech Managers, Developers, etc in conceptualization and development of new software applications
- Generate, run and monitor automated unit, integration and performance tests on new and existing programs to correct for errors, isolates areas for improvements and general debugging; evaluate these test results and submit solutions to problem areas
Support & Administration (up to 25%)
- Provide first level sign-off for developer time sheets
- In conjunction with the Development Manager and HR, assist in the recruitment process through interviews with internal and external candidates
Team Leadership (10% - 25%)
- Provide immediate and continuous job performance feedback as well as formal performance reviews to assist your team achieve job requirements, career development goals and departmental objectives
- Mentor each team member; establish career development plans and achievable goals for your reports and support their ongoing growth
- 5+ years experience in software design and development building internet-based applications with multiple languages (ex. Java, C#) and frameworks (ex. Spring, Angular, REST)
- 5+ years experience with application, web and automation servers (ex. Apache Tomcat, Jenkins)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a technical lead role with a proven ability to effectively delegate work to your resources and deliver assigned software components on time and within budget
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database development and experience with multiple relational DBMS’s (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) and non-relational DBMS’s such as MongoDB
- Strong desire to coach associates in personal development and ability to set clear expectations
- Some previous technical leadership experience with both on and offshore Developers
- Ability to quickly establish partnerships with functional group leaders and other departments
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.