Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Linux Administrator to join their London team.
Working in an infrastructure support environment, this role participates in the ongoing deployment and support of a large data center. As a multi flavor (Solaris, Redhat, Suse, CentOS) Unix/Linux subject matter expert, the position encompasses responsibilities for configuring, installing and testing the technology components of system solutions and includes the preparation of technical project documentation. This role is one of a team of technical experts specializing in the delivery of services from a 24x7 data center operation and requires participation in the on-call rotation.
- On site & remote administration of day to day activities in a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a large site
- Initiate new responsibilities and help plan for the future of the site/network
- Manage junior system administrators/operators
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases
- Assist Team Lead with purchase justifications/business cases
- Participate in designing backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Assist with performance management and system configuration tuning
- Degree/diploma in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years professional experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration: configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Solid understanding of a Unix-based operating system; understand paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS, NIS/NIS+, LDAP, automounter, DNS/BIND, license managers; can use nslookup or dig to check information in DNS and understand basic routing concepts
- Knowledge of highly complex TCP/IP networks (networks that contain multiple routers, switches, hubs, Vlans and firewalls)
- Experience with host security (e.g. passwords, uids/gids, SIDs, file permissions, ACLs, filesystem integrity, use of security packages)
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to empowering the automotive industry to put vehicles in consumers’ driveways. We have an epic success rate and a proven tenacity to transform as we evolve.
- Been around over 27 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events, out of office events like BBQs, catered lunches, free java (aka coffee) ... etc
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all - Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey, soccer, volleyball
- Relax - lunch-time yoga, monthly on-site massages
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, Accessories, Rentals, Custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Keep it fresh – Training and educational incentives for career growth
- Community Outreach – Toys for Tots, United Way, Our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Bake sales, raffles, auctions
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.