The Project Manager is responsible for leading a project from its inception to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the project. It is the Project Manager’s responsibility to secure acceptance and approval of deliverables from the project sponsor and stakeholders. The Project Manager is responsible for communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and, in general, making sure the project is delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope.
- Develop and manage full-scale project plans and communication documents
- Apply best practices and tools for managing project execution
- Manage all project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Forecast estimated resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Ensure Financial forecast reports are accurate, updated at minimum weekly, based on projected effort as shown within project timelines
- Identify issues and risks and devise contingency and mitigation plans
- Define project success criteria to parties throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Prepare project status reports as required with appropriate details and at the required cadence
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence positive action and accountability
- Make decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Post Secondary degree in Business or Computer Science
- Project Management Professional certification an asset
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, financial budgeting/ forecasting and management operations
- Automotive industry experience a definite asset (OEM and/or service providers)
- Proven leadership / management skills
- Technical understanding of computer systems and integration capabilities
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Proficient PC skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access
- On-call, periodic overtime and weekend availability
- Conflict resolution experience
Why work with us?
- Been around for 27 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - Toys for Tots, United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.