Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator to join their London team.
Working in an infrastructure support environment, this role participates in the ongoing deployment and support of a large data center. As a multi flavor (Solaris, Redhat, Suse, Suse, CentOS) Unix/Linux subject matter expert, the position encompasses responsibilities for configuring, installing and testing the technology components of system solutions and includes the preparation of technical project documentation. This role is one of a team of technical experts specializing in the delivery of services from a 24x7 data center operation and requires participation in the on-call rotation.
- On site & remote administration of day to day activities in a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a large site
- Initiate new responsibilities and help plan for the future of the site/network
- Manage junior system administrators/operators
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases
- Assist Team Lead with purchase justifications/business cases
- Participate in designing backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Assist with performance management and system configuration tuning
- Degree/diploma in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years professional experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration: configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Solid understanding of a Unix-based operating system; understand paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS, NIS/NIS+, LDAP, automounter, DNS/BIND, license managers; can use nslookup or dig to check information in DNS and understand basic routing concepts
- Knowledge of highly complex TCP/IP networks (networks that contain multiple routers, switches, hubs, Vlans and firewalls)
- Experience with host security (e.g. passwords, uids/gids, SIDs, file permissions, ACLs, filesystem integrity, use of security packages)
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 26 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community philanthropy helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.